In Japanese there is a beautiful symbol, it can mean fate; destiny; a mysterious force that binds two people together.
It’s no secret to anyone that reads my blog that the last several weeks have been difficult for me. What many of you haven’t seen is the out-pouring of love, which I have been the recipient. Friends, who I have never met face to face, in the midst of their own personal heartaches and struggles, have spent precious time checking in on me. I believe there are people I have met on here that I will know a lifetime and I sincerely hope this to be true. That Japanese symbol which refused to be posted, although I tried, sums up how I feel about many people, one in particular, who is gone from this world but bound to me forvever.
Luckily, my friends are not the kind of friends that abandon you just because they haven’t heard from you recently. Along with the love, I’ve also received 10 awards. Thank you and please accept my apologies for taking my sweet time with this.
Mimi from Waiting for the Karma Truck who I am honored to be part of her sisterhood The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award: (http://waitingforthekarmatruck.com/2012/09/29/acceptance-speeches/)
Maryanne from Lucky Leo, kindly bestowed 8 awards brilliantly given in one fell swoop:(http://maryannemistretta.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/8-more-blog-awards-for-me-and-right-back-to-fellow-bloggers/)
Sticky Quote who couldn’t be any lovelier One Lovely Blog Award: (http://stickynotesandquotes.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/one-lovely-blog-award/) I’m going to make my own hodgepodge of acceptance and give you 7 things and then nominate 10 bloggers.
- I have not allowed anyone that I knew pre-blog to read this blog. It’s my dirty little secret. A few people know I have a blog, but I won’t give them the name of it.
- I’ve been known to watch the Maury show and scream “you are NOT the father” at the television. I know, I save it for bad days.
- When I was 8, I sang The Partridge Familys’ song I Think I Love You in front of my entire elementary school, on stage, with a microphone. That was the first, last and only time. Everyone is grateful for small favors.
- When I was a teenager I shaved the sides of my head and colored it purple. Keep in mind Sid Vicious was still alive and this was actually shocking. I also had my navel pierced long before Brittany Spears was born. She really screwed that up for me.
- I could never live further than a short walk from the ocean.
- My favorite movie is Moonstruck. It makes me miss home, crave a pizza and wish Olympia Dukakis were my mother.
- I’ve been toying with the idea of a tattoo of the symbol for destiny. I’ve always wanted one, but along with an incredible inability to commit in general, I have not been able to commit to any one tattoo.
And the nominees are:
Please pick an award, play along or not. Just know how much I appreciate you all. Sending you all love!