Oh my, I am so excited to say that I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog award.
Now, to those of you who have been nominated for many awards the level of my excitement might seem, well, silly. I woke up my 16 year-old son before his alarm to tell him about the honor, which is clearly not wise. He gave me a high five or a fist bump or something that resembled swatting me away, I’m not really sure, and promptly went back to sleep. So I did a solitary happy dance, clapped a bit, and made coffee. I am having such a good morning!!
Thank you very much to http://spilledcookies.com/. She’s smart and funny and has great insight (and terrific taste in bloggers) : ). Please take a look at her site, it’s worth the trip!
* In an effort not to bore you all to death with myself I will add that on 6/8/12 I was nominated for the Lovely Blog award for the second time by Finding Beck . Smart, funny and a pleasure to read. Please go take a look.
The Rules for Award participation are:
▪ Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
▪ Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
▪ Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
▪ Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
▪ Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
Resume blogging your regular posts.
- When I was about six years old I would write and illustrate stories, staple the construction paper together, and go door-to-door in my neighborhood selling them. I’m sure I was very annoying.
- I have four children ages 28-16. They are the absolute light of my life, even when they are intent on driving me insane.
- I have two Master degrees and a year of law school and I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I have recently switched to a vegan diet with the exception of fish. I can’t seem to give that up, so I officially and publicly apologize to all of the salmon I will eat.
- I am very excited about turning 50 this December. I like 50 and appreciate all of the very cool, interesting women who have made that birthday something to look forward to. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUECWLjPeSQ) I need to add Sheryl Crow to this list of fabulous 50’s.
- I have just recently started doing Pilates twice a week (see #5) and love my instructor. She challenges me to do things I didn’t know I could do. It carries over in my life. Thank you Alex.
- When I started writing this blog I published my posts so quickly, because I was afraid that if I didn’t that I wouldn’t, I would then have to go back in several times to correct grammar and punctuation. Now I just leave the mistakes alone. Anyone who reads it knows I’m not perfect already!
Now for the best part. I get to share with you some very talented, interesting people I have found and followed. Some of these people are so insightful and smart I only wish I knew them in person. Many of them have been given so many awards I don’t expect that they will have the time to repost, but I am enjoying the ability to pass thier blogs on to my followers. In no particular order:
You are truly One Lovely Blogger and an inspirational force that is wonderful for all of us who read your posts eagerly. Congratulations dear one – and welcome to the 50’s. The water’s warm!
Well, you made me cry, but hell, we don’t care at 50, do we? Thank you. The feeling is mutual as you can see by your name in my list of nominees. You must be getting writers cramp from accepting all of the awards. Thank you for writing.
I do feel like it’s been an abundance of riches – for which I’m not deserving. But I love it!! Thank you! And as long as you cry with joy then I’m good with the crying.. 🙂
Congratulations and bask for as long as you can!
Right back at you! I’m enjoyng this to a ridiculous level
Congrats and much deserved by the way! Thank you for including my site among the oh so talented bloggers you mentioned. I am humbled and very appreciative. It still causes wonder and amazement for me. I have to tell you though, I have a couple others that I need to claim so if you don’t think it too cheeky of me, I’d like to put them together in one post rather than doing 3 separate. I didn’t want you to think I was cheating…but each of them require 15….and I like to pay special attention to the newer sites I’ve found (or have found me) and I don’t think I have 45 of them. lol. So, if you will indulge, I will accept, proudly link back to you, but only list the nods once. Is that ok?
Again, thanks and I’m glad you are having as much fun as I am.
Absolutely and I completely agree!
Thank you so much my sweet. I’ve won this award before, but I really do appreciate your help in getting me more readers. I will pass the word on about your blog. You rock girlie!
I appreciate your nominating me. You are certainty are not the only one who gets excited. I just don’t have a 16 year old to wake up. I’ll work on this and post my acceptance soon. Blessings, Genie
Congratulations! Please let us know how you go.
Wow! I just received an Award from a most wonderful woman who with just a small list of 7 things, made me laugh, smile and touched my heart.Thank you so much. Thank you for being lovely in so many ways and most deserving of this One Lovely Blog Award. Much love, Sharon
You’ve just made my day! Thank you and please keep writing.
Congratulations for receiving the Lovely Blog Award! And Thank you for nominating me, I am honored. I really enjoy your posts, keep em coming!
You are very welcome. The feelings are mutual. : )
As a Newbie, I am always browsing online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you