Thank you so much Rhonda (http://help-me-rhonda.com/2012/08/13/four-more-and-seven-tears-ago/) not just for the award but also for your friendship. You are one of a kind.
Rules For Accepting Nomination:
- Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you.
- Write Seven things about yourself.
- Nominate seven other bloggers.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
Oh Lord, seven more things about me. I think I might be out of things about me, but twist my arm and I’ll take a stab at it.
- I’m not a big drinker but I love champagne, Veuve Clicquot to be exact.
- Unless of course there are oysters and then I need a Grey Goose Martini, shaken, no vermouth, 3 olives…jeez it sounds like I’ve ordered that more than once huh?
- My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz. I sing along so you may want to leave the room when it comes on.
- My favorite book is Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl.
- My favorite actor is John Cusack. Loved him in Grosse Point Blank and High Fidelity.
- Sometimes when I read other people’s posts I consider not blogging anymore because they are just so good.
- I’m in a pissy mood and I’m going to go eat an entire container of Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough Ice cream and wake up tomorrow, quit whining, and get back on the healthy diet/lifestyle band wagon. Really, I swear.
The first person I’d like to pass this award on to is currently one of 18 finalists in a photo contest. Why not take a look and vote for her. In addition to that she has an incredible blog full of interesting and timely posts.
The following blogs are fairly new to me but I’ve really been enjoying them and I think you will too.
Okay now I’m going for the ice cream and an attitude adjustment!
Well, I’m a sucker for an award! Honestly. I am very grateful that anyone wants to read what I have to say, much less award me with anything.
Okay please humor me and play along.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Thank you, http://forcingmyselfhappy.com/ I just recently started to follow her journey to a happier self and I have to say you’re not only brave but very sweet and interesting. I’m rooting for you!
2. Share seven things about you. See list below if you are in need of a sedative. : )
3. Nominate other bloggers you think deserve the award and post on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.
This is difficult. I will spare the several bloggers I adore and who I think deserve every award out there because they are so incredible, because they’ve already received most of the awards and because they will wish a pox upon me for giving them one more thing to do. You know who you are and they know where I live. Enough said.
Instead I will offer you two new blogs I’ve been following in hope that you will take a look and possibly follow:
Wonderull, smart and funny. Enjoy!
7 Things about Me (you’ve been warned)
- I talk about them all of the time, but the most important thing about me is that I am the mother of four children ranging in age from 28-16. Everyone is about to move up an age which clearly meant I desperately needed to get a winter hobby in my childbearing years. I adore them all.
- I am a pescaterian (vegetarian who occasionally indulges in fish) and a vegan wannabee. I’ve eliminated almost all meat and diary since April. Oh, and wine is made of grapes and vodka from potatoes for those you who wondered. : )
- My second biggest fear is getting sick. Not just a flu, but incapacitated and reliant on others. I’m fine being there for others and have done it many times, but I am terribly afraid of ever being on the receiving end.
- What is my biggest fear, you ask? The inability to correctly punctuate even though I was an English teacher? Noooooo. It’s that something will happen to one of my kids. Whenever I would hear sirens my heart did a double beat until my youngest finally said, “for crying out loud Mom, they don’t put the sirens on to tell you bad news.” He is so much smarter than I am, although now I just shake when I see any emergency vehicle.
- I will turn 50 on December 10. I’ve tried to get it declared a national holiday but so far no luck except for one friend who agrees, or thinks I’m nuts and pretends to agree. I really never considered making it to 50, so I am incredibly pleased. I’m planning on redefining middle age and also living well past 100. The child with the worst record of being consistently nice gets “Depends” duty eventually. It’s my oldest son right now. He is praying for my continued continence.
- I just quit my job, started a new business and a nonprofit. When I tell people this they smile and say, “*That’s wonderful.” I suspect they also think I’m nuts, but that’s’ what they say about most people that live extraordinary lives. I’m so full of surprises I usually don’t know what I’m going to do until it’s done. Sometimes it’s great and sometimes it’s a hellish disaster. It’s been quite a ride.
- I always like to be learning something new. I just learned how to make pasta and made it with my son this week. That gave me more joy than I can possibly explain.
I have been very fortunate to not only spew my thoughts on to these pages almost daily, but also have some of you like them. Thank you all for reading and bless you all for taking the time to comment.