The Booker Award
I really do love this award because I love books, as I’m sure most of you do. They are everywhere in my home and have been my escape from reality since I learned to read. I’ve moved across the US more than once and I’m sure I could have paid for the moving van with the money saved had I not packed every book. But I could never part with them.
Do you know how some people like to look in other people’s bathroom cabinets when they visit. That never really held much appeal to me. I like to look at their bookshelves. This award saves me the trip times nine not to mention the restraining orders. So here we go…
1. Nominate other blogs, as many as you want but 5-10 is always a good suggestion. Don’t forget to let your recipients know. See below.
2. Post the Booker Award picture. Done
3. Share your top 5 books of all time
1. My first favorite book was definitely A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle along with The Velvet Room by Zilpha Snyder
2. All time favorite book is Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
3. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
4. Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman
5. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Thank you to Jenn from http://newsofthetimes.org/. Her blog is original, inspiring and informative and the photography that goes along with it is a winner, which is why you should vote for her photo of Patagonia on Bucket List Publications Travel Photo of the Year Contest! Just saying….
Okay, so Jenn has already listed quite a few of my favorite blogs and I’ll look forward to seeing what they consider their favorite books. I am really curious to see what these incredibly interesting people read. Come on, let’s hear it. Don’t make me look on your bookshelves!
Life with the Top Down: http://fretym.wordpress.com/
David Kanigan: http://davidkanigan.com/
Kyle Mew: http://kylemew.com/
Momentum of Joy: http://momentumofjoy.com/
Lucky Leo : http://maryannemistretta.wordpress.com/
Rendezvous with Renee: http://rendezvouswithrenee.com/
Life in the Boomer Lane http://lifeintheboomerlane.wordpress.com/
And last but not least Help Me Rhonda: http://help-me-rhonda.com/ who must also write seven things about herself because we all just want more! If you weren’t so damn funny I’d leave you alone. Well, maybe not : )